Sunday, May 15, 2016

Even More Party, Idioms from Head to Toe by Tedd Arnold

Book: Even More Parts, Idioms from Head to Toe
Author:  Tedd Arnold
ISBN: 0-8037-2938-3
U-$1.00-B-0.0046743907-BE-214





Comments: Young boy hears idioms then he worries what will happen to him if he goes outside his home.







Go to Directory

Questions
1. What kinds of strange and crazy talks do his ears hear?
2. Why is he scared to go outside?
3. What does "I lost my head" mean?
4. How is "it makes my head spin!" relate to question 3?
5. How is "I laugh my head off" similar to "My head is in the clouds"?  How are they different?
6. How are #4-5 the same?
7. Look at the drawing that says, "I keep changing my mind."  What does it mean?
8. Look at the pictures on page 5.  What does "I keep an open mind" mean?
9. What does "My mind is wandering" mean?
10. What does "I lost my marbles" mean?
11. Look at drawing on page 6-7, what does the teacher mean by "I want all eyes on me!"?
12. Look at dinosaur on page 6.  What does "I cried my eyes out" mean?
13. Look at the tank on page 6.   What does "I have in the back of my head" mean?
14. Look at superhero on page 7.  What does "my eyes are glued to the television" mean?
15. Page 8, what does "my cars are burning" mean?
16. Page 8, the tank, what does "I'll give you an earful" mean?
17. Page 8, superhero, what does "Hey! I'm all ears" mean?
18. Page 8, dinosaur, what does "lend me your ears" mean?
19. Page 9, the tank, what does "my nose is buried in a book" mean?
20. What does "keep your nose out of other people's business!" mean?
21. What does "I just follow my nose" mean?
22. What does "My nose is running!" mean?
23. On page 11, what does "I'm tongue-tied" mean?
24. What does "I just got a tongue-lashing" mean?
25. Page 12, what does "Whoops! A slip of the tongue" mean?
26. What does "I told ten tough tongue twisters " mean?
27. Page 14, what does "Don't give me any of your lip!" mean?
28. What does "Loose lips sink ships" mean?
29. What does "I zipped my lips!" mean?
30. What does "My lips are sealed" mean?
31. Page 15, what does "I have a frog in my throat" mean?
32. What does "I have butterflies in my stomach" mean?
33. What does "cat got your tongue" mean?
34. What does "No, I have ants in my pants" mean?
35. Page 17, what does "I sang my heart out" mean?
36. What does "she stole my heart" mean?
37. Page 18, what does "have a heart" mean?
38. What does "I have a heart of steel.  I'm hard-hearted" mean?
39. On page 19, what does "my stomach is growling" mean?
40. What does "My fists are flying" mean?
41. What does "My teeth are chattering!" mean?
42. On page 20, what does "I'm short-handed" mean?
43. What does "You have a green thumb.  No, two green thumbs." mean?
44. What does "Please lend me a hand." mean?
45. What does "I love finger food" mean?
46. On page 21, what does "It cost an arm and a leg" mean?
47. What does "I had to foot the bill" mean?
48. What does "I had to pay through the nose" mean?
49. What does "Try what I do.  Put your money where your mouth is." mean?
50. On page 23, what does "I put my foot in my mouth" mean?
51. What does "Oof!  I started off on the wrong foot" mean?
52. What does "Always put your best foot forward" mean?
53. What does "I'm feeling footlose!" mean?
54. What does "I'd better toe the line" mean?
55. On page 25, what does "It made my skin crawl" mean?
56. What does "It made my jaw drop" mean?
57. What does "It made my hair stand on end" mean?
58. What does "It made my stomach turn" mean?
59. On page 26, what does "I got all bent out of shape" mean?
60. What does "I couldn't keep a straight face" mean?
61. What does "I got my nose out of joint" mean?
62. On page 28, what does "I came unglued" mean?
63. What does "You've got guts!" mean?
64. What does "I went to pieces" mean?
65. Page 31, what did dad mean by, "keep you head on straight!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment