Saturday, April 16, 2011

Introduction

     This blog is created for the parents that need a little help with their child’s reading assignments.  I have a fourth grader.  She gets reading assignments from her teacher.  My child claims she is reading the assigned book/novel, but a part of me wonders if she understands the book.  If you’re like me, you start reading the book your child is assigned.  Then you start asking your child questions based on the book.
     I have created “remembering” questions on many of the books my child and I have read.  Remembering questions are tell, list, define, label, memorize, repeat, find, name, record, and fill in type questions.  These questions are simple and could be used as notes to when your child writes a book report.
     Again, please remember, these are simple questions to help keep your child stay on track while reading their book.  Parents can use these questions to assess their child’s reading comprehension on that particular book. 
     I hope this helps.

New Post (December 2012)
http://books-for-young-adults.blogspot.com/2012/12/introduction.html
Books for Young Adults

November 2014

     Two years have past since I placed this post.  My daughter is longer in fourth grade.  I still enjoy reading books for young adults, since some movies are now being based on young adult literature.  The big things now in education in the U.S. are Common Core and Text Dependent Questions.  I'm updating the site to only leave the reading comprehension questions, but the answer keys will be included.

May 2016

     I'm including reading comprehension questions from magazines like Time for Kids and Time Magazine.  The articles may be above the grade level intended on this website, but the viewership has expanded to outside the U.S.  I would like to open the website to parents outside the U.S. that want to practice their English reading comprehension skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment